IBM Watson Speech Recognition (SR) Plugin 1.4.0 to the UniMRCP Server (UMS) has been released.
The plugin is based on the following components:
- UniMRCP Server 1.6.0
- IBM Watson Speech to Text API v1
- Libevent 2.1.8
- Rapidjson 1.1.0
The binaries are currently available for the following Linux distributions:
- Red Hat / CentOS 7 (unimrcp-watson-sr-1.6.1-1.el7.x86_64.rpm)
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (unimrcp-watson-sr_1.6.1-xenial_amd64.deb)
This release adds support for the new IAM token based authentication. The legacy username and password based authentication is no longer supported. The existing services created in Cloud Foundry needs to be migrated in order to use IAM authentication.
The release also provides numerous SRGS-related enhancements, primarily intended to address interoperability issues with VoiceXML platforms having a limited ability of referencing built-in grammars.
The detailed list of changes introduced in this release follows.
- Added support for the new IAM token based authentication.
- Added support for predefined metadata in SRGS XML grammars that allows to reference a built-in grammar and/or specify various input parameters. See Sections 4.2, 5.1, 5.2 in the Usage Guide.
- In accordance with SRGS recommendation, use case-insensitive string matching, while comparing a transcription result with phrases in a supplied speech context.
- Use the exact letter case specified in a supplied speech context, while composing the instance element in NLSML results.
- Added a new attribute 'scope' to individual speech contexts, which can be defined in configuration globally.
- Added a new attribute 'scope' to individual speech contexts.
- Fixed HTTP response time output in logs not to be truncated to msec but to be represented in msec.
- Updated the Installation Guides to reflect the changes introduced in this release.
- Updated the Usage Guide to reflect the changes introduced in this release.
Visit the Watson SR plugin page for more information.
Thank you for using UniMRCP.
Author of UniMRCP