Google Speech Recognition (GSR) Plugin 1.7.0 to the UniMRCP Server (UMS) has been released.
The plugin is based on the following components:
- UniMRCP Server 1.5.0
- Google Speech API v1
- gRPC 1.7.3
- Protobuf 3.4.0
The binaries are currently available for the following Linux distributions:
- Red Hat / CentOS 7
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
This release provides an alternate way for start of input detection, derived from a first interim result. This behavior is configurable via a new parameter 'start-of-input'. The parameter can be set either to 'service-originated', which is the new and default behavior, or to 'internal', which is the old behavior, based on internal speech activity detector.
Also, when both the speech and DTMF detectors are activated, the DTMF detector remains active until a first interim result of speech transcription becomes available. In order to achieve this behavior, the new configuration parameter 'start-of-input' must be set to 'service-originated'.
The detailed list of changes introduced in this release follows.
- Added support for the start of input event being derived from a first interim result received from the service.
- Added a new attribute 'start-of-input' to the element 'streaming-recognition', which is set to 'service-originated' by default.
- Changed the default value of the attribute 'interim-results' from 'false' to 'true'.
- Changed the default value of the attribute 'speech-incomplete-timeout' from 1000 to 3000.
- Changed the default configuration parameters to improve barge-in experience.
- Improved the speech and DTMF input detector.
- Updated the Usage Guide accordingly.
Visit the GSR plugin page for more information.
Thank you for using UniMRCP.
Author of UniMRCP