Google Speech Recognition (GSR) Plugin 1.19.0 to the UniMRCP Server (UMS) has been released.
The plugin is based on the following components:
- UniMRCP Server 1.7.0
- Google Speech-to-Text API v1
- gRPC 1.30.2
- Protobuf 3.12.2
The plugin supports the following Google Speech-to-Text API versions:
The binaries are currently available for the following Linux distributions:
- Red Hat / CentOS 7 (unimrcp-gsr-1.7.4-1.el7.x86_64.rpm)
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (unimrcp-gsr_1.7.4-xenial_amd64.deb)
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (unimrcp-gsr_1.7.4-bionic_amd64.deb)
This release introduces support for multiple versions of Speech-to-Text API. The API version can be specified from the plugin configuration or via a server profile. The release addresses a possible license depletion case. The release is built against a newer version of Google APIs.
Please note that the entities MRCP channel and gRPC stub are now decoupled to allow the channel to be associated to different versions of gRPC stub at run-time. In former versions, the plugin was pre-build using a specific version of gRPC stub.
Everyone is advised to fully revalidate the existing functionality in a test environment before using this version of the plugin in production.
The detailed list of changes introduced in this release follows.
- Introduced support for multiple versions of Speech-to-Text API, including v1 and v1p1beta1 APIs. The API version can be specified from the plugin configuration or via a server profile.
- Added support for speech adaptation boost available for v1p1beta1 only.
- Added support for alternate languages available for v1p1beta1 only.
- Added support for different formats of the instance element in NLSML which can be set via a new attribute 'tag-format'.
- Fixed a possible license depletion occurred when an end-of-utterance event is received without preceding interim results but with a follow-up final result. This problem was introduced in GSR 1.15.0
- Added a new attribute 'api' to the element 'streaming-recognition'. The attribute defaults to 'v1' and also accepts 'v1p1beta1' value.
- Added a new attribute 'tag-format' to the element 'streaming-recognition'. The attribute can be set to either 'default' (the original behavior) or 'semantics/xml' and 'semantics/json'.
- Upgraded Google APIs from unigoogleapis-1.2.0 to unigoogleapis-1.3.0.
- Updated the Usage Guide to reflect the changes introduced in this release.
Visit the GSR plugin page for more information.
Thank you for using UniMRCP.
Author of UniMRCP